I couldn't be more pleased to announce that the agenda for Brand ManageCamp 2008 is now complete and available for viewing at our website. The conference will be held October 6-7 at the Wynn in Las Vegas (which, by the way, is awesome!).
Now, I might be a little biased, but I think this is our best agenda ever! We are, again, featuring 14 fantastic speakers over 2 days, covering a wide variety of topics including Advertising, Brand Strategy, Consumer Behavior, Trends, PR, New Media, Design, Emotional Branding, Brand Experience, Market Research and more.
This year, BMC is truly the conference designed BY brand marketers FOR brand marketers. Back in late October, we circulated a survey asking for feedback on the appeal of 40 potential speakers. We received over 300 responses and the results were overwhelmingly consistent - leading to the strength of this year's agenda. Here are the BMC2008 speakers:
- David Aaker - marketing legend and best-selling author of more than 100 articles and 12 books, including Brand Portfolio Strategy, Managing Brand Equity, Building Strong Brands, Developing Business Strategies, Brand Leadership, and Strategic Market Management
- Robyn Waters - former VP of Trend, Design and Product Development for Target; author of The Hummer and the Mini: Navigating the Contradictions of the New Trend Landscape and The Trendmaster's Guide: Get a Jump on What Your Customer Wants Next
- Joseph Pine - best-selling co-author of Authenticity: What Consumers Really Want and The Experience Economy: Work is Theatre and Every Business a Stage
- Marc Gobe - design legend; best-selling author of Emotional Branding: The New Paradigm for Connecting Brands to People, Citizen Brand: 10 Commandments for Transforming Brands in a Consumer Democracy, and BrandJam: Humanizing Brands Through Emotional Design
- David Meerman Scott - best-selling author of The New Rules of Marketing and PR: How to use news releases, blogs, viral marketing and online media to reach buyers directly
- Patrick Hanlon - best-selling author of Primal Branding: Create Zealots for Your Brand, Your Company, and Your Future
- Jonathan Littman - best-selling co-author (with Tom Kelley of IDEO) of The Art of Innovation and The Ten Faces of Innovation
- Bruce Turkel - author of Building Brand Value: Seven Simple Steps to Profitable Communications
- Audrey Arbeeny - co-founder of Audiobrain and expert on Sonic Branding
- Erich Joachimsthaler - best-selling author of Hidden in Plain Sight: How to find and execute your company's next big growth strategy and Brand Leadership: The Next Level of the Brand Revolution (with David Aaker)
- Peter Krieg - best-selling co-author of Counterintuitive Marketing: Achieve Great Results Using Uncommon Sense, Market New Products Successfully, and Your Gut Is Still Not Smarter Than Your Head
- Dave Norton - expert on designing brand experiences; founder and principal, Stone Mantel
- Dan Hill - author of Emotionomics: Winning Hearts and Minds and Body of Truth: Leveraging What Consumers Can't or Won't Say
- Geoff Ramsey - CEO amd co-founder of eMarketer, "The First Place to Look" for market research and trends analysis on Internet, e-business, online marketing, media and emerging technologies
If you are one of those folks who has sworn off conferences due to too many bad experiences in the past (waste of time, too much selling, no real insights, bad food, poorly executed, not worth the investment, etc...), then you are in good company. I too was one of those folks - and it was one last terrible conference experience that led me to start ManageCamp 5 years ago.
That is why every one of our speakers is keynote quality. It is why we offer breadth AND depth through 360 degree coverage of the wide range of topics that are required by today's branding elite. It is why our speakers will all deliver actionable insights as opposed to teasers followed by sales pitches. And it is why the quality and variety of our food is just as important as every other detail.
Don't believe me? I can understand that. But at least check out the testimonials at our website. This many people can't be wrong! (well, I guess, technically, they could be wrong - but, statistically, it is HIGHLY unlikely!)
The theme of the conference is "Fresh Thinking Starts Here" and our goal is for Brand ManageCamp to be your annual opportunity to leave behind the creativity-sapping grind of the day-to-day to enjoy an oasis of fresh thinking and inspiration. You just can't find this stuff sitting behind your desk! So, we hope you will consider joining us in Las Vegas for Brand ManageCamp 2008!